The Peoria Camera Club is hosting their picnic opening the 2017-18 season!
Join us for an evening of socializing with other photographers.
Glen Oak Park Pavilion near the Glen Oak Zoo entrance.
This event is open to current and prospective members!
Bring your own main entree, drink and table setting and a side dish to share.
KodaRoamers is welcoming other to join them for an outing this Friday – Here are the details:
Beauties in the Blue Bells at Parklands – 3:00 PM Friday, April 21
Let’s meet at Green Gables at Lake Bloomington, 2:45. Park across the street at the entrance to the park and car pool.
Vandana is bringing two lovely ladies in Saris to pose for us in the Bell Bells. Of course you can shoot macro, landscapes, and whatever also. But what a treat!.
We’d like to finish by 6. These ladies have to make arrangements for their kids.
The ladies would like you to send them your best images in digital format. They do not want any other compensation. And Vandana will help you get the model release if needed for a competition.
Day with Bryan Peterson – March 19, 2017
The PCC is pleased to announce an opportunity to work closely with Bryan Peterson as part of a small group. Bryan will be offering a day long, hands-on class on Sunday March 19, 2017. During this post-seminar class, Bryan will be assisting participants in the application of concepts presented during the “Art of Seeing” seminar he would have presented on March 18th. Bryan, with guidance from club members, will take the group to a variety of settings around Peoria. The class will run from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Our tentative locations will the Illinois River Front in East Peoria, the Warehouse District in Peoria, Detweiller Park and places along the Illinois River in Chillicothe. Bryan has asked for some time to shoot indoors and to review/process images. We will meet in the clubhouse at Shore Acres in Chillicothe for lunch and indoor work. This will be our location for the day if weather force us indoors all day. I am open to specific suggestions for shooting locations.
This class is now open to all registrants for the Saturday March 18th seminar, “Art of Seeing”.
The total cost is $195 per person with $50 of the fee being retained by the PCC. Here is the process…
- Enrollment is limited to 15 and will be handled on a first come, first served basis.
Only 7 slots left.
- You must sign up for the seminar first.
- Then, you must submit your name to Joe Virbickis, Seminar Chairman, via email, phone or text. This will guarantee your place once confirmed in an email from Joe. If necessary, Joe will keep a waiting list based on expressed interest if the number interested exceeds 15.
- The cost for this workshop is due any time up to and including March 18th (Saturday). Joe will accept checks at the seminar on the 18th. If you do not pay in full by that date, the slot will be offered to another registrant. (All checks payable to Peoria Camera Club)
- If you decide the day of the seminar to attend Sunday’s class, Joe will accept payment that day. (Given available slots)
- As mentioned above, all payments are refundable. Joe will hold all checks until after March 19th to facilitate any refunds. Circumstances can change and no one will be penalized for last minute cancellations.
- You will receive email receipts of your interest and any payments, so please include an email address when you commit to this class or send a check.
- This class will be posted on the PCC website on March 11th or 12th.
Joe Virbickis 2017 Seminar Chairman firstname.lastname@example.org 309-635-3554
On October 29, 2016 we are going to venture out to Camp Wokanda to photograph the fall colors. The colores should be good at that time. It has a lake, a couple of creeks, and hiking trails we can wonder through. Camp Wokanda Is West of the Mossville Caterpillar plant on Boy Scout Road. It’s back in the bluffs and has lots of trees. We will meet in the parking lot at the First United Methodist Church 116 NE Perry in Peoria. The parking lot is on Perry across from the church. The same place we park for our club meetings. We will car-pool and caravan from there. It’s about a 30 minute drive from Peoria so we will meet at 8:00 AM and leave by 8:15.
This outing is a member only event.
Bickelhaupt Arboretum is a 14-acre gem located in the heart of Clinton, Iowa. The outdoor museum is the home of select labeled trees, shrubs, groundcovers, perennials and annual flowers.
We will meet in the parking lot at the First United Methodist Church 116 NE Perry in Peoria. The parking lot is on Perry across from the church. The same place we park for our club meetings. We will car-pool and caravan from there. It’s about a two hour drive from Peoria so we will meet at 7:00 AM and leave by 7:15.