Peoria Camera Club and the Foster Gallery at First United Methodist Church will host a Photographic Print Exhibition that will be on display January and February, 2019. The exhibition, titled “Inspiring Sights & Images Around Us” is an opportunity for club members to display (and possibly sell) some of your inspiring photographs, and promote our club.
The large gallery will feature color images, while the small gallery will have the theme black & white on gold. To participate, email your intention to participate to Jeanette Kosier by Dec 4th.
Print Specifications & Preparation
- Each PCC member may display up to 2 prints. If not enough, or too many prints are turned in, the committee may ask for more entries or return entries at the discretion of the Exhibition Committee.
- The theme is “Inspiring Sights & Images Around Us”
- Prints must be mounted, matted and framed
- Minimum overall frame size is 11 x 14 inches
- Maximum overall frame size is 26 x 26 inches
- B&W images must have a black narrow bordered frame
- Panoramas are acceptable; length must be between 14 & 26 inches.
- Metal prints and Canvas wraps are permitted (framed or unframed). The overall size must fall within 11 x 14 and 26 x 26 inches.
- All prints must be “ready to hang” with hanging wire.
If you have a print that you want to exhibit which does not meet these specifications, contact Jeanette.
- Attach a completed form (on website) to the back side of each print. If you desire to sell a print, enter the selling price in space provided; otherwise enter NFS (Not For Sale).
- Wrap your prints in heavy paper or bubble wrap to protect them during transportation. Label your wrappings so they can be used to return your items in good condition.
Key Dates & Event Information
- Entry Deadline –
Dec. 4, 2018 — email Jeanette by the 4th if you plan to participate.
- Titles Due – Jan 3, 2019 — send title(s) of your work to Jeanette by January 3rd and indicate if Color or B&W.
- Turn-in – Jan 8 — Prints may be turned it at any PCC meeting on or before the deadline. If you need to drop them off before, please leave at church office and contact Jeanette so they can be secured. Photos will NOT be accepted after Jan 8th.
- Hang Prints – Jan 9
- Exhibitor’s Reception – There will be a Saturday reception for exhibitors, family and friends, to be announced.
- Print Pick-Up – TBA.
Exhibition Committee & Contacts
- Jeanette Kosier — JMkosier@comcast.net or 309-685-1624.
- Rich Seeman — RLS1940@hotmail.com or 309-361-8902.
Please join us for the Annual Peoria Camera Club Christmas Banquet and an evening of socializing, friendship, and sharing.
Tuesday, December 18
6:00 – 9:00 pm
First United Methodist Church
Baked & fried chicken, ham, drinks, and dinner service will be provided. Please bring a dish to share.
Club member Pete Anderton will present a Travelog photography program from his travels in the Northwest: “Alaska to Yellowstone”.
If you haven’t signed up yet, please email Jeanette Kosier to be added to the list to ensure there’s plenty of food and table settings.
When: December 19, 2017 at 6:00 PM
Where: First United Methodist Church – Wesley Hall (On Lower Level)
What to Bring: A dish to pass – please select from a casserole, fruit/vegetable or a dessert. The club will provide the meat, drinks and place settings.
Please click on the below link to google docs which will open an excel spreadsheet, you just need to put your name, how many are attending (yourself included) and what you are bringing then close it – the information will be saved automatically.
Sign-Up Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19eDOv5_djLfSOlsO1Bje8lFn4iNzd8TC-2ZlNZKj4P8/edit?usp=sharing
Speaker: Natalie Jackson O’Neal
Peoria Camera Club and Peoria Public Library will host a Photographic Print Exhibition on November 3 – 28, 2017. “Peoria Camera Club’s Best” exhibition is an opportunity for individual PCC members to display some of your best photographic work, and promote the amazing talent we have in our club.
As of 9/27, the number of Entries so far are light, so you can enter up to 5 framed images instead of 3.
These are the key dates you need to know.
- Titles Deadline – Sept 30 (titles of your prints due)
- Turn-in – Oct. 17 (prints framed and ready to hang)
- Hang Prints – Nov. 2
- Reception – Nov. 4
- Place – Peoria Public Library
Click here for the full article with more details on this member opportunity.
Click here for the labels to use on the back: Public Library Exhibition
The Peoria Camera Club is hosting their picnic opening the 2017-18 season!
Join us for an evening of socializing with other photographers.
Glen Oak Park Pavilion near the Glen Oak Zoo entrance.
This event is open to current and prospective members!
Bring your own main entree, drink and table setting and a side dish to share.
This year, I decided to approach presidents special a little different – since our annual meeting fell the day after the NCAA Men’s Final and on Election Day, I decided to host a bracket where members got to pick the topic.
Our President’s Special Final Four was:
After Round 1 – Macro/Close-Up & Long Exposure came out victorious.
In the end – the winner and this year’s president special is: Macro/Close-Up
Why did I add the Arthropod/Plant restriction?
I wanted the club members to step out outside the box and get creative. If you google “Macro Photography” you will notice almost all of the images are of insects/spiders and flowers.
I also noticed this trend on Flickr – the trend continued on the largest Macro group. https://www.flickr.com/groups/49503086607@N01/
I then found a Flickr group which had restriction and I really like the diversity of images compared to the traditional macro groups – so I decided to add the same restrictions to president’s special. https://www.flickr.com/groups/macro_noflower_noinsect/
Here are just a few website I found that provide useful information:
Happy Shooting and good luck!
We had a very successful season with some new faces and a lot of great images. You can read about the latest in this version of the Photochatter newsletter.