Understanding CICCA and Entering Competitions
What is CICCA?
CICCA is the Central Illinois Camera Clubs Association, an umbrella organization that comprises 12 camera clubs located throughout central Illinois. Each club has representation through a member on the Board. The purpose of CICCA is to share knowledge among the clubs, and sponsor competition salons where member clubs (fall) and individuals (spring) can compete with their digital images and prints for ribbons, medallions, and bragging rights.
What are the Competition Salons?
- FALL SALON
The fall salon is for “member clubs” to compete against each other to see which club has the most distinguished photographers for a particular year.
Members submit images and the CICCA rep selects which images to enter for the club competition. All images entered are not guaranteed to be shown, however, we try to ensure at least one image for every member is selected.
- SPRING SALON
This is your chance to compete against “individual members” of other clubs and see how your images stack up. All images each individual enters will be shown.
Members who receive an “acceptance” or “honors” in the individual competition receives a ribbon, and “best of show” for each category receives a medallion coin.
What Kinds of Images can I Enter?
– Nature photography embraces the entire physical and natural world and thus encompasses nature in all its forms.
– The emphasis for this category is on aesthetics and creating a fine image with great impact while maintaining a natural quality.
• Altered Reality
– The emphasis for this category is on creativity and creating a fine image without any restrictions on manipulating the original image or images.
Number of Digital Entries:
• No individual member, regardless of the number of clubs of which he or she is a member, may submit more than eight (8) total digital images.
• Each member club may submit a maximum of fifty (50) images combined between the three categories.
Digital Image Size:
• Digital images should be sized to 1400 x 1050 pixels.
• Monochrome Prints
– Small & Large. A monochrome print is one color or different shades of one color; a single-tone print; or black and white print.
• Color Prints
– Small & Large. A color print is made either by a regular color photography process, including inkjet printing, or hand coloring or tinting.
• Small prints
(all categories) may be any size up to 8×12 inches in either dimension, mounted on an 11×14 inch mount board.
• Large prints
(all categories) may be any size larger than 8×12, but no larger than 16×20, mounted on 16×20 mount board.
Number of Entries:
• No individual member, regardless of the number of clubs of which he or she is a member may submit more than eight (8) prints to the CICCA Fall Salon
• Each member club may submit up to 50 prints in the monochrome category and 50 prints in the color category, any combination of small and large.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I enter the Same Images I’ve entered before?
• Members cannot use the same basic image in multiple categories, such as entering a color version in the digital category, then a monochrome version in print.
• No entry previously “accepted” in any CICCA Fall Salon, may be entered in subsequent Fall Salons. It may be entered in a Spring Salon providing it has “not” been accepted in a previous Spring Salon.
How does the Judging work?
Each category is judged by three judges and each image is given a score. The “top third of the scored” images are classified as “accepted”. The “top third of the accepted” are “honors”. From the honors, the judges select the Best of Show
When do we View the Results and Winning Images?
After each salon, each club receives a disk of all the accepted, honors and medallion winners that will shown at one of our club meetings, followed by awards and recognitions. You can find out sooner by attending the all-day judging session.
Go to CICCA website for entry forms to submit your entries.
Prints Due, in-person by Tuesday, Oct 23
Turn-in with completed forms to Tom Ruhland
Digital Images Due, Friday, Oct 26, by midnight
Complete forms on the CICCA website and email images and forms to Tom Ruhland (email@example.com).
Contact Tom Ruhland, Peoria Camera Club CICCA Representative
YOU ARE INVITED
CICCA Fall Salon Judging Event
The Champaign County Camera Club is pleased to invite the CICCA Clubs and their members to the 2018 Fall Club Salon to be held at the Urbana Free Library at 210 W. Green Street, Urbana (just West of Lincoln Square Mall on the corner of Green Street and Race) on Saturday, November 10, 2018. Library doors (South side) open at 9AM.
Who are the CICCA MEMBER CLUBS?
Peoria Camera Club
Champaign Camera Club
Kodaroamers Camera Club
Quad Cities Photography Club
Springfield 35 Camera Club
Decatur Camera Club
Galesburg Camera Club
Shutterbug Camera Club
Morris Photocolor Club