Technicraft will be presenting on different printing techniques and
finishes including textured printing, giclee prints, wall murals,
printing to wood/metal/glass, and canvas. Additionally, information on
color calibration, brightness levels, and how paper affects color will
be offered. After a brief presentation, the Technicraft team will have
breakout groups with samples to answer in-depth questions and allow
attendees to experience materials hands-on. The evening will be casual
and leave plenty of time for questions.
The attached link is to our video for people to get a preview if they want. We will also be showing this at the presentation:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KBYXn40vME
Seasoned drone pilot and photographer, Keith Folken, will cover time tested advice in the exciting world of drones to help you get your photos “off the ground”.
During this two hour program, Keith will discuss:
- Why get into aerial (drone) photography?
- Buying tips – what gear should I consider?
- Planning your shoot
- First Flight – Getting Started
- Taking Photos and Video
- Post Processing Tips
- Rules – Legal and Ethical
- Question & Answer
Keith is one of the most creative photographers and videographers in the Peoria area. We hope you’ll join us this Tuesday, February 26, 7-9 pm to see the amazing work Keith has been doing and experience Drone Photography from a new perspective. Guests are welcome.
First United Methodist Church
116 NE Perry, Peoria, IL
To learn more about Keith Folken Photography, check out this link to Keith’s Facebook page.
Whether you’re framing a photo for yourself, family, friends, an exhibition, or you’re selling your artwork, learn how to “Frame Like a Professional”.
Club Member Julie Dodge will share her experiences and lessons learned on framing using both ready-made and custom frames. If you’re overwhelmed with decisions, Julie will help you sort through the framing options and enlighten you on what supplies are needed to “do it yourself”. You will learn how to: select the right frame, size your photos, size and cut a mat and mounting board, mount your print, select the right glass and hanging hardware, and “put it all together”.
If you want your photographic artwork to make an impressive statement on the wall and stand out from the crowd, this is a program you won’t want to miss. Hope to see you!! Tuesday, Feb 5, 7-9pm. First United Methodist Church, downtown Peoria.
Please join us for a special Artists Reception on Saturday afternoon, January 19, from 2-4pm in the Foster Gallery at the First United Methodist Church.
This photographic exhibit titled “Inspiring Sights and Images Around Us” highlights the printed works of 19 Peoria Camera Club artists. Featured works include a collection of 42 photographs in color and black & white. The b&w exhibition is themed “Black & White on Gold”.
Please invite your family and friends so together we can celebrate the inspiring photographic artworks of the Peoria Camera Club. This event is open to the public.
First United Methodist Church
116 NE Perry Ave
Open 2 and City Landscape Galleries are in the Members Only 2018-2019 Gallery. Congratulations to the winners.
Dan Anderson, a landscape photographer from Ellison Bay, WI, will present a program on The Art & Philosophy of Landscape Photography on Tuesday, January 29, from 7-9pm.
Dan will discuss what a landscape photograph “is” and “is not”, the various “types” of landscape photography, and how the “philosophy, emotions and style” of the photographer “work in harmony” to create a work of landscape art.
The discussion of what goes into creating a piece of art will touch on necessary camera techniques and the frustrations that may occur when working in this style of photography. Topics will be illustrated using Dan’s personal portfolio of images.
Examples will also include recent images made with his new photographic tool — a drone. There will be time for questions regarding his new camera platform, drone photography.
You can view more information about Dan and his work on his website, www.danielandersonphotography.com, and on his Facebook page www.facebook.com/daniel.anderson.photos
Peoria Camera Club and the Foster Gallery at First United Methodist Church will host a Photographic Print Exhibition that will be on display January and February, 2019. The exhibition, titled “Inspiring Sights & Images Around Us” is an opportunity for club members to display (and possibly sell) some of your inspiring photographs, and promote our club.
The large gallery will feature color images, while the small gallery will have the theme black & white on gold. To participate, email your intention to participate to Jeanette Kosier by Dec 4th.
Print Specifications & Preparation
- Each PCC member may display up to 2 prints. If not enough, or too many prints are turned in, the committee may ask for more entries or return entries at the discretion of the Exhibition Committee.
- The theme is “Inspiring Sights & Images Around Us”
- Prints must be mounted, matted and framed
- Minimum overall frame size is 11 x 14 inches
- Maximum overall frame size is 26 x 26 inches
- B&W images must have a black narrow bordered frame
- Panoramas are acceptable; length must be between 14 & 26 inches.
- Metal prints and Canvas wraps are permitted (framed or unframed). The overall size must fall within 11 x 14 and 26 x 26 inches.
- All prints must be “ready to hang” with hanging wire.
If you have a print that you want to exhibit which does not meet these specifications, contact Jeanette.
- Attach a completed form (on website) to the back side of each print. If you desire to sell a print, enter the selling price in space provided; otherwise enter NFS (Not For Sale).
- Wrap your prints in heavy paper or bubble wrap to protect them during transportation. Label your wrappings so they can be used to return your items in good condition.
Key Dates & Event Information
- Entry Deadline –
Dec. 4, 2018 — email Jeanette by the 4th if you plan to participate.
- Titles Due – Jan 3, 2019 — send title(s) of your work to Jeanette by January 3rd and indicate if Color or B&W.
- Turn-in – Jan 8 — Prints may be turned it at any PCC meeting on or before the deadline. If you need to drop them off before, please leave at church office and contact Jeanette so they can be secured. Photos will NOT be accepted after Jan 8th.
- Hang Prints – Jan 9
- Exhibitor’s Reception – There will be a Saturday reception for exhibitors, family and friends, to be announced.
- Print Pick-Up – TBA.
Exhibition Committee & Contacts
- Jeanette Kosier — JMkosier@comcast.net or 309-685-1624.
- Rich Seeman — RLS1940@hotmail.com or 309-361-8902.
Please join us for the Annual Peoria Camera Club Christmas Banquet and an evening of socializing, friendship, and sharing.
Tuesday, December 18
6:00 – 9:00 pm
First United Methodist Church
Baked & fried chicken, ham, drinks, and dinner service will be provided. Please bring a dish to share.
Club member Pete Anderton will present a Travelog photography program from his travels in the Northwest: “Alaska to Yellowstone”.
If you haven’t signed up yet, please email Jeanette Kosier to be added to the list to ensure there’s plenty of food and table settings.
I have posted the Results of Open 1 and Nature 1. Congrats to the winning photographers. The excel spreadsheets are posted also. We are still working hard on the new website design so please be patient. I can build a house but this web stuff is challenging. Thanks for your patience.