Peoria Camera Club (PCC) is a registered non-profit 501(c)(4) organization.
- PCC was created in 1954 for the exchange of ideas and information relating to the art, techniques, and skills and vision of people who share an interest in photography.
- The mission of PCC is to help anyone with a desire to develop their photographic skills through encouragement, mutual help, and learning opportunities.
- Club members may compete in Open, Nature, Photojournalism, and Creative categories. Entries are submitted as prints or digital files depending on the competition.
- Photo shoot-outs and field trips to photograph models, still life, scenic, and various nature topics offer a multitude of photo possibilities.
- Club meetings feature advanced amateur and professional photographers who speak on a variety of photographic topics.
- Day long seminars and workshops provide more learning opportunities. Club social events include banquets, picnics, and outings.
First United Methodist Church
116 NE Perry, Peoria, IL
Located in the heart of downtown Peoria. Perry Avenue is one way so you need to access
it from Main Street. Well lit, free parking is located across Perry Avenue from the church.
Handicapped and limited mobility parking is next to the building. Enter the church thru the new Perry Avenue doors (108), take the elevator to the second floor, and go thru the double doors to room 215. A club host will be at the door to let you in until 7pm. You’ll have to ‘buzz in’ to the Perry Ave doors if you arrive after 7:00.
The club meets September through May on the 1st, 3rd, & 4th Tuesdays from 7:00 to 9:00 PM.
General Meetings – 1st Tuesday – Programs cover digital capture techniques for photographing a wide variety of environments and subjects, including equipment, settings, lighting, and compositions to help you take better photographs.
Competition Meetings – 3rd Tuesday – Programs cover competition issues and show the results
of out club competitions.
Digital Processing Meetings – 4th Tuesday – Programs typically cover topics on how to optimize
your images using image processing software. No digital meeting in December.
If you want further information or have other questions, please contact us.