Peoria Camera Club and the Foster Gallery at First United Methodist Church will host a Photographic Print Exhibition that will be on display January and February, 2019. The exhibition, titled “Inspiring Sights & Images Around Us” is an opportunity for club members to display (and possibly sell) some of your inspiring photographs, and promote our club.
The large gallery will feature color images, while the small gallery will have the theme black & white on gold. To participate, email your intention to participate to Jeanette Kosier by Dec 4th.
Print Specifications & Preparation
- Each PCC member may display up to 2 prints. If not enough, or too many prints are turned in, the committee may ask for more entries or return entries at the discretion of the Exhibition Committee.
- The theme is “Inspiring Sights & Images Around Us”
- Prints must be mounted, matted and framed
- Minimum overall frame size is 11 x 14 inches
- Maximum overall frame size is 26 x 26 inches
- B&W images must have a black narrow bordered frame
- Panoramas are acceptable; length must be between 14 & 26 inches.
- Metal prints and Canvas wraps are permitted (framed or unframed). The overall size must fall within 11 x 14 and 26 x 26 inches.
- All prints must be “ready to hang” with hanging wire.
If you have a print that you want to exhibit which does not meet these specifications, contact Jeanette.
- Attach a completed form (on website) to the back side of each print. If you desire to sell a print, enter the selling price in space provided; otherwise enter NFS (Not For Sale).
- Wrap your prints in heavy paper or bubble wrap to protect them during transportation. Label your wrappings so they can be used to return your items in good condition.
Key Dates & Event Information
- Entry Deadline – Dec. 4, 2018 — email Jeanette by the 4th if you plan to participate.
- Titles Due – Jan 3, 2019 — send title(s) of your work to Jeanette by January 3rd and indicate if Color or B&W.
- Turn-in – Jan 8 — Prints may be turned it at any PCC meeting on or before the deadline. If you need to drop them off before, please leave at church office and contact Jeanette so they can be secured. Photos will NOT be accepted after Jan 8th.
- Hang Prints – Jan 9
- Exhibitor’s Reception – There will be a Saturday reception for exhibitors, family and friends, to be announced.
- Print Pick-Up – TBA.
Exhibition Committee & Contacts
- Jeanette Kosier — JMkosier@comcast.net or 309-685-1624.
- Rich Seeman — RLS1940@hotmail.com or 309-361-8902.