Peoria Camera Club offers members opportunities to participate in photo competitions to help you improve as a photographer, and develop a critcal eye when composing and editing your photos.
With 12 different categories of photo competitions, all with different rules, regulations, and submission requirements, entering club competitions can be daunting. On September 4th, the first meeting of the new club year, PCC members Ray Keithley and Rich Seeman will present a program on participating in club competitions. Ray and Rich have participated in competitions for many years and are both seasoned judges. Together they will help you navigate the rules and offer suggestions so you can confidently participate and properly submit your images in club competitions.
The following topics will be covered:
▪ Benefits (to you and the club) of participating in competitions
▪ The 12 different categories and the rules for each
▪ Club competition levels, their purpose and benefit to you
▪ Finding competition information on the club website
▪ Resizing and renaming digital images for competitions
▪ The judging process
▪ Interpreting judges’ comments
▪ How to succeed in competitions
In the past year, rules have changed, competitions have been added and image handlers have changed. Come to this meeting and learn about how these changes affect you and how to improve your chances of earning acceptances and winning in Club competitions.
First United Methodist Church, 7-9pm
(Photo credit: Cradled in Moms Arms, Gail Chastain)