This week’s program, “The UnSeeing Quest“, presented by club members’ Rich Seeman, Ray Keithley and Vicki Padesky, will offer a practical application of lessons learned from Ian Plant’s Seminar by challenging club members to “UnSee” and “shoot like Ian”.
The speakers will provide an overview of Ian Plant’s creative seeing process… learning to “UnSee” what the average photographer sees and create images that “stand out from the crowd.” You will be encouraged to think like Ian, creatively interpret the subject, and impose your own artistic vision. For the “UNSEEING QUEST” you will be encouraged to embrace Ian’s idea of Discovery, Revelation, and Transformation, then go out on your own to find, shoot, and experience Ian’s approach to creative photography.
The April 24th and May 15th club meetings will provide opportunities for participating members to present and share your artistic interpretation and thought process behind making your final image(s). Even if you didn’t attend the seminar, ALL members are invited to participate. The March 27th meeting will provide important details you won’t want to miss.
Members are encouraged to put together a short (5-10 min) program of their images on a thumb drive, or as a PowerPoint show.
Be prepared to share your story and consider including the following:
- An image of the overall scene you were shooting that includes your subject
- An image of how you would normally “See” it, and shoot it
- How you applied the “UnSee-It” process… Discovery, Revelation, Transformation
- Your final image
- The techniques or ideas you tried
- Your thoughts on the “UnSeeing” process, how you used it, and how you may use it to shape your photography going forward
Anyone interested in participating or needing additional information, please contact Vicki Padesky at email@example.com or call 309-696-0677.